[Support] A75G Repo

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2023 at 4:07 PM, CurlyBen said:

Does the Wallabag container need an external database? This article says that it should work without requiring changes to the template, but I get an error saying the database connection can't be established. The log file from my Wallabag installation is below:

Reveal hidden contents
19:57:13 ERROR     [console] Error thrown while running command "wallabag:install --env=prod -n". Message: "Some system requirements are not fulfilled. Please check output messages and fix them." ["exception" => RuntimeException { …},"command" => "wallabag:install --env=prod -n","message" => "Some system requirements are not fulfilled. Please check output messages and fix them."]

In InstallCommand.php line 163:

Some system requirements are not fulfilled. Please check output messages an  
  d fix them.                                                                  

wallabag:install [--reset] [-h|--help] [-q|--quiet] [-v|vv|vvv|--verbose] [-V|--version] [--ansi] [--no-ansi] [-n|--no-interaction] [-e|--env ENV] [--no-debug] [--] <command>

Starting Wallabag ...
Configuring the SQLite database ...

wallabag installer
==================

Step 1 of 4: Checking system requirements.
------------------------------------------

------------------------- -------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
  Checked                   Status   Recommendation                                                                                                     
 ------------------------- -------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
  PDO Driver (pdo_sqlite)   OK!                                                                                                                         
  Database connection       ERROR!   Can't connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable to open database file  
  Database version          OK!                                                                                                                         
  curl_exec                 OK!                                                                                                                         
  curl_multi_init           OK!                                                                                                                         

Did you ever find an answer tot his?   I just installed Wallabag for the firs time and getting the same error. I thought by default , it still Sqlite.  

On 4/3/2023 at 5:04 AM, Gragorg said:

Just installed Redis for use with Authentik.  Noticed this warning in the log

1:M 02 Apr 2023 14:49:27.859 # WARNING Memory overcommit must be enabled! Without it, a background save or replication may fail under low memory condition. Being disabled, it can can also cause failures without low memory condition, see https://github.com/jemalloc/jemalloc/issues/1328. To fix this issue add 'vm.overcommit_memory = 1' to /etc/sysctl.conf and then reboot or run the command 'sysctl vm.overcommit_memory=1' for this to take effect.

Is this something I should address?  Didn't see a sysctl.conf file in appdata.

I would also like to know this as well. How do we even add this persistently to the host in unRAID

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't get Mumble working. Mumble now have their own official docker image. So I changed the Repository to mumblevoip/mumble-server

It works good now. Please consider updating the image to reflect these changes.
More good news is that you don't have to fiddle with the config.ini file anymore, you can set all the configs using environment variables.
I did have to put in the variable MUMBLE_ACCEPT_UNKNOWN_SETTINGS=true for it to accept other config variables such as MUMBLE_CONFIG_registerName

Edited by Zata
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2023 at 6:01 PM, nirav said:

Did you ever find an answer tot his?   I just installed Wallabag for the firs time and getting the same error. I thought by default , it still Sqlite.  

I was able to get it to launch by following this.

In summary, creating a 'db' directory in the wallabag data directory -- for me this was /mnt/user/appdata/wallabag/ -- and changing the permissions of the db folder to nobody:users. 

mkdir /mnt/user/appdata/wallabag/db

chown nobody:users /mnt/user/appdata/wallabag/db --recursive

• Thanks 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Could someone please help .. im trying to use the mmctl tool in Mattermost but keep getting this error

goroutine 1 [running]:
github.com/mattermost/mattermost/server/v8/cmd/mmctl/commands.init.1()
        github.com/mattermost/mattermost/server/v8/cmd/mmctl/commands/auth_utils.go:50 +0x58

On 2/15/2023 at 1:17 PM, blaine07 said:

Color me stupid if I missed it; or am not searching right.

Trying to setup Redis uptime check with Uptime Kumas new feature. 

What is the Redis default username? I have a password defined in template but having trouble locating username? Any ideas?

Did you figure it out? I am having issues setting up paperless-ngx ... Can't connect to the redis instance wrong username/password. I have tried admin, tee, leaving it empty ..

On 3/7/2020 at 3:49 PM, A75G said:

Info

https://github.com/A75G/docker-templates/blob/master/README.md

Template Issues

(Cant guarantee anything but will try my best)

https://github.com/A75G/docker-templates/issues/new/choose

Apologize if im late to reply or never reply i don't have time i used to have before to support each app.

For app Support i will try my best to help but in some dockers i don't know much about them.

If you're done giving support for your containers, maybe find someone that will support them?  Straight up abandoning the agreement that you made when you listed them is just wrong. 

Edited by djgizmo
clarification
On 7/15/2023 at 12:01 PM, djgizmo said:

If you're done giving support for your containers, maybe find someone that will support them?  Straight up abandoning the agreement that you made when you listed them is just wrong. 

By and large, the majority of maintainers for docker containers do not actually maintain / create the containers themselves, but only the templates.

What this effectively means is that the support threads (and the author's responsibility) lies with the template itself and not for support with the container / application itself.  Support for the actual container has always been (for the most part) the responsibility of the container author.  It's for this reason that the support drop downs have multiple avenues including DockerHub / Registry, Discord, Forum etc.

Now, if there is a big flaw in the template for some particular app then sure I can remove that app / deprecate it / blacklist it.  Similarly if there is a major issue and the container itself has been abandoned.  But otherwise, this announcement doesn't really change anything unless there is an actual issue.

• Like 1
On 7/16/2023 at 3:16 PM, Squid said:

By and large, the majority of maintainers for docker containers do not actually maintain / create the containers themselves, but only the templates.

What this effectively means is that the support threads (and the author's responsibility) lies with the template itself and not for support with the container / application itself.  Support for the actual container has always been (for the most part) the responsibility of the container author.  It's for this reason that the support drop downs have multiple avenues including DockerHub / Registry, Discord, Forum etc.

Now, if there is a big flaw in the template for some particular app then sure I can remove that app / deprecate it / blacklist it.  Similarly if there is a major issue and the container itself has been abandoned.  But otherwise, this announcement doesn't really change anything unless there is an actual issue.

The author himself has basically abandoned his support thread.  LibreNMS template is completely broken as LibreNMS requires multiple containers to do what it needs to do.   All of which is not documented in the template.   Either someone from the mod team needs to nudge this template developer or the templates to be removed until someone else can take over. 

Edited by djgizmo
spelling

I think that you're missing my point.  LibreNMS' primary support venue is via themselves.  They are the ones who actually are maintaining the container. The template is simply a way to install it, and I don't see any particular reason to remove it etc.  Clicking the Project link takes you their website, and full documentation regarding installation, what the environment variables do etc are there via the link they have to https://www.librenms.org/#downloads

If (as an example), the Apps tab only contained applications that are directly supported by whomever has created the template (ie: they created the template and the application within the container itself), the selection would be nothing but Plex (from PlexInc themselves) and plugins.  Nothing else.  

If there is an issue where the container / app itself is abandoned / permanently broken, that is a different story and things would get removed.  But there is no real issue with the template in these cases.

While I would absolutely love for Apps to be the exact same as Google Play, where its a one click install with nothing else needed to be done by the end user, that is an unrealistic dream.  Unraid is far better (far far better) than on competing platforms where you are forced to go and come up with the actual docker commands needed to execute things.

The one thing where Unraid / containers is at a disadvantage on the base system is multi-container installations.  This is where docker compose shines.  However, I never stop pressuring the powers that be that we need to incorporate this to make this systems easier to use on the end-user but in an Unraid friendly way where we do not force the users to manually edit the .yaml files to install something suitable for their own environment.

• Like 1

@Squid I'm not talking about LibreNMS support... because their support is just fine.  I'm talking about support for the Unraid docker template.   LibreNMS container has changed from what the initially was using a single container instance to now requires several side car containers to work properly.  At minimum, it needs a 2nd instance of LibreNMS working as a dispatcher node.   None of which is stated in the template or the support documents for this docker container. 

Here are the services it needs....

database (mysql)

redis

msmtpd

librenms

dispatcher

syslogng

snmptradpd

It's not just a simple 'whoops I forgot to tell you you need a database'.   

I get it, you're hesitant to pull down any apps that you might find have a lot of use.   The whole point of Unraid docker section was to introduce docker containers to home labbbers who may not have had experience before Unraid.  I was one of them. 

The author has basically not responded to anything in this thread about the LibreNMS template in over a year.  (and has been since Nov '22 since he's replied to anything at all on this thread)

In any case, I'd be happy if the author cared enough to say, "hey guys 'yea things have changed, now these template might not work"

Edited by djgizmo
grammer