Unraid OS version 6.11.4 available

limetech

As always, prior to updating, create a backup of your USB flash device:  "Main/Flash/Flash Device Settings" - click "Flash Backup".

Bugs: If you discover a bug or other issue in this release, please open a Stable Releases Bug Report.

Version 6.11.4 2022-11-18

This release is focused on bug fixes and minor improvements.

Diagnostics

Docker

• docker: version 20.10.21 (CVE-2022-39253 CVE-2022-2879 CVE-2022-2880 CVE-2022-41715)
  • Fix: "please wait" message after removing orphan image.
  • Set IPVLAN as default for new installations.

Samba

• samba: version 4.17.3 (CVE-2022-42898)
  • Set the default "max open files" to the value of 'ulimit -n' which is currently set to 40960.

VM Manager

• Allow Network PCI devices to have boot order.
  • Change to use libvirt_domain_interface_addresses which has been available for a long time but was not documented in the API manual. Using this function stops tainted warnings being written to the log, ex: "Domain id=4 is tainted: custom-ga-command".
  • Fix for VM Rename.

Misc

• Fixed issue which prevented array Autostart with a Trial key.
  • Fixed encoding issue when passwords contain multi-byte UTF-8 characters.
  • Parity History: add day of week to date.
  • Shares: Fix: do not allow creation of hidden share names.
  • Main page: reinitialize disk transfer statistics upon opening new browser session.
  • Management Access page: improved messaging for SSL
  • Firefox: version 107.0.r20221110173214 (AppImage)
  • When all browser sessions close, stop unnecessary background processes.

Base Distro

• bash: version 5.2.009
  • btrfs-progs: version 6.0.1
  • gdk-pixbuf2: version 2.42.10
  • glibc-zoneinfo: version 2022f
  • intel-microcode: version 20221108
  • libX11: version 1.8.2
  • libnftnl: version 1.2.4
  • nghttp2: version 1.51.0
  • php: version 7.4.33 (CVE-2022-31630 CVE-2022-37454)
  • sed: version 4.9
  • sysstat: version 12.7.1
  • xkbevd: version 1.1.5
  • xkill: version 1.0.6
  • xlsatoms: version 1.1.4
  • xlsclients: version 1.1.5
  • xz: version 5.2.8
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, limetech said:

Docker

• Set IPVLAN as default for new installations.

There are still issues with IPVLAN - I've had different issues on two different unraid servers.

I've had to resort back to using macvlan on both servers, and on one server have a dedicated NIC to the docker containers with a static address set.

Myself and many others have continued to share findings here

Edited by CorneliousJD
14 minutes ago, hawihoney said:

What's that?

If you have the fix common problems plugin installed which most do and is good to have then you will have a Update Assistant under the tools tab which is:

Update Assistant

This script is part of Fix Common Problems

These tests, while not definitive will give you recommendations on what you should do prior to updating your unRaid OS. The tests are run against what the available update for unRaid expects and/or wants.

There may also be perfectly valid use-cases for any issues that this script finds.

6 hours ago, GazzaShergar said:

fritzbox user here, what sort of issues are we talking about? Haven't upgraded yet.

This only applies to new installations. I didn't try it by my own, but someone from the german community runed into trouble when using docker containers with br0 and switching over to ipvlan.

*edit* looks like it will change after update to ipvlan for all.

Edited by sonic6
47 minutes ago, sonic6 said:

This only applies to new installations. I didn't try it by my own, but someone from the german community runed into trouble when using docker containers with br0 and switching over to ipvlan.

Not an issue since the users can change the setting if needed.

I updated over the GUI and I can't reach my server anymore. It doesn't even show up under established network connections in my router after rebooting the server. I am new to Unraid, did I miss anything? I thought the OS update would just be a click and reboot in the GUI.

EDIT: I do have a FritzBox, but I was using maclan before, so the update shouldn't have overridden anything? I can't ping the server after reboot, I tried different cables and checked my switches. I has worked alright over the last days and even this morning when I updated.

Edited by Konni
4 minutes ago, BRiT said:

Not an issue since the users can change the setting if needed.

I think, especialy for new installations, which cames often with new users, this can be an issue. Those user are "new" in the "Unraid-World" and faced with a problem from the default settings? just my two cents.

• Upvote 1
  • SpencerJ unpinned and unfeatured this topic