[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

Hi

I use Nextcloud with nginx proxy manager.

My nextcloud logs are full of "login failed remote ip '172.17.0.1)" but this is not the real IP.

I assumed this is a local address but all my network has 192.168.1.x schema

How can i get the true IP address in logs ? Or how can I find the device name for this IP adress ?

Thanks

EDIT : after more investigations, this concerns only local IP address, external are clearly displayed in logs

Edited by deadnote

The last while I have gotten this error now and then:

Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 608580088 bytes) at /app/www/public/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#327

How do I fix that?
How do I increase that limit to something higher?

How do I find the file in the path the error mentions, I have tried looking for it it in Appdata but I havent found it yet. it is somewhere else?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!
Anyone else experiencing the problem that nextcloud stays in maintenance mode after an automatic update?

I use it mine mainly as a central hub for backups from phone and PC. But sometimes I recognize after several days, that my backups didn't run and that my secondary backups to a cloud drive haven't seen any changes in days.

It's only then I see, that nextcloud stayed in maintenance mode again.

As this destroys my backup strategy it's quite annoying.

Someone got an idea how to stop that from happening? Afaik since a few versions ago, updates are automatically run when unraid recognizes a new version and the container get's restarted. Before that it was a manual process and therefore no problem. But now...

Thanks in advance!

Any ideas where this error would be coming from?  Temporary directory /data/tmp is not present or writable? Showing up in my logs every 10 seconds or so.  I have been running Nextcloud for years and no changes.  /data is mapped to a folder called Nextcloud for me. Went into my nextcloud folder and created a folder called /tmp and the error stopped.  Remove the folder and it starts again.

Is having a tmp folder normal/required in the data directory for nextcloud? And if so, why did it not just make one?

root@b0f269f9ca31:/# sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/console.php files:scan --all
Could not open input file: /config/www/nextcloud/console.php
root@b0f269f9ca31:/# sudo -u abc php /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/console.php files:scan --all
Could not open input file: /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/console.php
root@b0f269f9ca31:/# sudo -u abc php /nextcloud/www/nextcloud/console.php files:scan --all
Could not open input file: /nextcloud/www/nextcloud/console.php
root@b0f269f9ca31:/# sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/console.php files:scan --all

Can someone help me? I can't do it.

Edited by Syrincs
On 1/6/2023 at 6:27 AM, Squid said:

For all linuxserver containers, the best place to ask for help is via their Discord (Click on the container in question and select Discord)

Yeah, no.  I did exactly this.  I was told because I used Space Invaders install video, that I should f**k off and ask him for help.   Absolute trash support.  

• Confused 1
2 hours ago, TheExplorographer said:

Yeah, no.  I did exactly this.  I was told because I used Space Invaders install video, that I should f**k off and ask him for help.   Absolute trash support.  

I asked a question about logrotate and someone commented "this thread is user using logrotate incorrectly and not reading nextcloud docs", but no advice towards a fix nor where to look. Not helpful at all.

On 1/17/2024 at 10:16 PM, Mihle said:

The last while I have gotten this error now and then:

Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 608580088 bytes) at /app/www/public/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#327

How do I fix that?
How do I increase that limit to something higher?

How do I find the file in the path the error mentions, I have tried looking for it it in Appdata but I havent found it yet. it is somewhere else?

I am no longer getting that warning, but nextcloud stops responding every time the photo app in nextcloud tries to generate previews of photos. Nothing helps exept restaring the whole NAS. I have tried to find logs about it everywhere, nextcloud.log, docker.log, other logs, unraid syslog but there is zero logs that tells me anything about what is going on. At this point I think my only option is to try to roll back to an earlier appdata version.

Hi all, I have an odd problem where a user is able to upload large files via a web browser to my nextcloud server, but the large files disappear when the chunks are reassembled. Is there a way to solve this?

Another thing, the uploading of files was extremely slow so I changed it via this command.. occ config:app:set files max_chunk_size --value 40971520 and this has solved this, but if I do an update, I always have to manually change this along with modifying other important settings in the nextcloud.ini file via nano which is a pain also. Why are these settings not easily accessible via the nextcloud admin settings in the GUI? Setting the defaults for Memory limit: 512 MB Max execution time: 3600 Upload max size: 512 MB etc are all annoying things that have to be done through nano or the command line. 

Edited by Jase
6 hours ago, Jase said:

but the large files disappear when the chunks are reassembled. Is there a way to solve this?

may check your nexttcloud logs and look for solutions (even rather in the official NC support channels)

6 hours ago, Jase said:

Another thing, the uploading of files was extremely slow so I changed it via this command.. occ config:app:set files max_chunk_size --value 40971520 and this has solved this, but if I do an update, I always have to manually change this along with modifying other important settings in the nextcloud.ini file via nano which is a pain also. Why are these settings not easily accessible via the nextcloud admin settings in the GUI? Setting the defaults for Memory limit: 512 MB Max execution time: 3600 Upload max size: 512 MB etc are all annoying things that have to be done through nano or the command line. 

and all these questions are nextcloud related, may rather ask in the official NC channels ... nothing todo with this container, its all how NC is "by design" ;) they have a own Forum, github, ... nothing which is done or changed here ;)

Hey guys, very new to unraid and nextcloud.

I was following

At the 8:50ish mark I get stuck.

And after copying this guide and entering the mariadb information, the setup took awhile and then it timed out.  I got a bad gateway and it did not install.

I tried again and now it says

Error

The username is already being used

Create an admin account

I checked the log on the nextcloud docker, i get this:

using keys found in /config/keys
Initializing nextcloud 28.0.2.5 (this can take a while) ...
Setting permissions
Initializing finished
After completing the web-based installer, restart the Nextcloud container to apply default memory caching and transactional file locking configurations.
Alternatively, you can apply your own configurations by editing /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php following the documentation:
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_server/caching_configuration.html
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_files/files_locking_transactional.html
[custom-init] No custom files found, skipping...
[ls.io-init] done.
Exception: Not installed in /app/www/public/lib/base.php:283
Stack trace:
#0 /app/www/public/lib/base.php(709): OC::checkInstalled()
#1 /app/www/public/lib/base.php(1200): OC::init()
#2 /app/www/public/cron.php(43): require_once('...')
#3 {main}
Stack trace:
#3 {main}
Stack trace:
#3 {main}
Stack trace:
#3 {main}
Stack trace:
#3 {main}

I'm so lost trying to setup this Nextcloud.  Any ideas?

Edited by KoukiMonster
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I just updated the container to the latest version (Nextcloud Hub 7 v28.0.2) and now can't access the web interface anymore. Instead, I only get this:

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report. More details can be found in the server log.

I can't find any problem in the error.log.

This shows in the nextcloud.log:

Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2054] Server sent charset (0) unknown to the client. Please, report to the developers in /app/www/public/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:139

Thanks a lot for your help as I just moved all my data from Google to Nextcloud and now can't access it anymore.

Update: Downgrade of MariaDB to v11.2.3 solved the problem for now. Is there a problem with MariaDB v11.3.2 which was the one where the error occured?

Edited by AlexNathan345
error message added
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, AlexNathan345 said:

Update: Downgrade of MariaDB to v11.2.3 solved the problem for now. Is there a problem with MariaDB v11.3.2 which was the one where the error occured?

Thank you so much! I was trying to find out why my userscript was failing with the exact same error. I thought, the occ command had moved again but I just could not pinpoint it. Without your post I wouldn't even have noticed that the whole cloud was essentially down.

Downgrading fixed it for me.

For everyone wondering how to downgrade MariaDB: just change the Repository in the MariaDB container to something like

mariadb:11.2.3

instead of plain mariadb or mariadb:latest.

Getting log errors and not sure how to fix.

rename(/ext_logs/nextcloud_logs/nextcloud.log,/ext_logs/nextcloud_logs/nextcloud.log.1): Permission denied at /app/www/public/lib/public/Log/RotationTrait.php#51 

1185379028_Screenshot2024-02-23at3_53_26PM.png.6349137b92ae44386b2e64c8e2640de8.png

2091878816_Screenshot2024-02-23at3_53_11PM.thumb.png.c12a347f0e1817c7bb9710da4651ed94.png

This is the setting in my config:

'loglevel' => 2,
  'logfile' => '/ext_logs/nextcloud_logs/nextcloud.log',
  'logfile_audit' => '/ext_logs/nextcloud_logs/audit.log',

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

rewrite ^/(?!index|remote|public|cron|core\/ajax\/update|status|ocs\/v[12]|updater\/.+|ocs-provider\/.+|.+\/richdocumentscode\/proxy) /index.php$request_uri;

I needed that line to be able to download multiple files.

I had to comment it out after this last update.

Has anyone managed to get this working via swag as a subfolder rather than subdomain? It used to work fine but since the changes last year I just cannot get it to work anymore and I've followed the guides on here and on the nextcloud docs as best I can.

The first is a reverse proxy thing, not nextcloud.

2nd... well nextcloud produces a bunch of errors as normal currently.

3rd is just a line to add to the config if important to you

4th probably doesn't matter.

So definitely not, all of these could be just ignored and none would be fixed by a reinstall.

Edited by Kilrah
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi,

I use a nextcloud docker container with Mariadb and get a message that I ran out of storage memory (35 GB limit)

I checked in Nextcloud/User Settings and it says "unlimited".

Where can I increase this 35GB limit?

Thanks for your help!

Edited by JoergH
clarification