Unraid OS version 6.12.8 available

Ran into a weird issue after updating Unraid from 6.12.4 to 6.12.8. My logs are flooded with 404 errors because the GUI keeps trying to hit POST /plugins/dynamix.my.servers/include/unraid-api.php, but guess what? I don’t even have that plugin.

Looks like I’m being pushed to install the Plugin Unraid Connect to stop the errors, but I really don’t want to. Not keen on adding plugins I don't need. Anyone else stuck in this loop? Got any tips to dodge installing Unraid Connect and still kill those 404s?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Upgraded from 6.12.6 to 6.12.8.  One of my array drives went missing after stopping array + install 6.12.8 + reboot.  Power all the way down and power back up restored the missing drive.  Not sure it's related, but first time I've seen that happen.  Drive is attached to an LSI SAS2116 controller.

Edited by brainbone_
1 hour ago, Cout99 said:

Ran into a weird issue after updating Unraid from 6.12.4 to 6.12.8. My logs are flooded with 404 errors because the GUI keeps trying to hit POST /plugins/dynamix.my.servers/include/unraid-api.php, but guess what? I don’t even have that plugin.

Looks like I’m being pushed to install the Plugin Unraid Connect to stop the errors, but I really don’t want to. Not keen on adding plugins I don't need. Anyone else stuck in this loop? Got any tips to dodge installing Unraid Connect and still kill those 404s?

As a first cut I'd suggest rebooting. It is difficult to do a lot of back and forth in the release thread, so if the issues persist please start a new thread here:

https://forums.unraid.net/forum/55-general-support/

Be sure to upload your diagnostics.zip file (from Tools -> Diagnostics)

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, MP715 said:

Thank you!  I don't think the ntfy alert plugin is working however.  Tests won't send.  it's not using my server

Hmm please start a new thread in https://forums.unraid.net/forum/55-general-support/ Be sure to include your diagnostics and any testing you can think of.   Having a dedicated thread allows for better back and forth than we can do in a release thread.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Cout99 said:

Posted a potential solve here. Please give it a try to see if this fixes the issue for you. Thank you.

3 hours ago, ijuarez said:

I updated and now all of the drives show as missing.

I do have a diagnostics file, I'm not onsite to put a monitor to see the boot up process.

Finally got to where I can see the process

Drives are not being recognize when it boots up. I got to check my raid card, sas expander and finally my backplane. 

Edited by ijuarez
Engrish

Thanks for the update. Upgraded without major issues. Only things I noticed:

• Told me to wait for a notification if I have plugins like NVIDIA or Realtek installed (I do), it never came
  • After upgrading, the Plugins page showed "not available" as plugin status for every plugin until I manually clicked on "Check for Updates"

Everything else is working fine.

12 hours ago, Cout99 said:

It turns out the problem was with the existing /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.my.servers/myservers.cfg file. It got automatically removed when I uninstalled the Unraid Connect plugin today, which I had installed to fix the 404 errors yesterday. I checked my backups before the update to version 12.6.8 and saw the file was there since November 2022. It looks like there was a glitch with the Unraid Connect plugin not deleting this file when it should have after testing this one year ago. Big thanks to @zspearmintfor figuring this out!

Thx for the excellent work Unraid Team. Now I know what my freezes caused :)

Macvlan and ubiquiti switches. I tried the suggestion in the release notes but the option i greyed out on my system.

I have three NIC in my system. 2 onboard and one 10GB Nic Card. Onboard should be as bond0 at a 802.3ad ubiquiti switch.

Screenshot 2024-02-17 103952.png

Edited by PsYcRo
43 minutes ago, PsYcRo said:

I tried the suggestion in the release notes but the option i greyed out on my system.

You likely have bridging disabled, in that case the only option is macvlan, and it's safe to use, if you want to use ipvlan enable bridging first.

• Thanks 1
On 2/16/2024 at 6:52 AM, Yivey_unraid said:

Has this release fixed the issues 6.12.6 had with Adaptec HBA cards? I’m still on 6.12.4 because of it.

I can confirm 6.12.8 no longer has the issue. I had to roll back 6.12.6 for the same reason, but this one looks good. I ended up having to do a full reboot because I was getting a bunch of nginx errors after just a restart, but a full shutdown and restart solved that (after closing all my browsers). Probably unhappy with multiple browser windows connected to the server. I've seen it before.

Thanks for the solid upgrade! :)

• Like 2